- When there is a duty to be paid to travel between two states
- When the policeman thinks it is his right to receive INR 50 bribe to let someone go from one state to another (mind you, there is no asking; the driver as a matter of course hands over INR 50 and the policeman does not even look at or acknowledge it). Everyone in the system, am sure, gets a cut
- When there is a fight between two vendors to sell coconut water to the same customer. And when there is a cut to the police team in this sale
- When there are houses which are 10' x 6 '
- When people are poor, but are drunk during daytime
- When National Highways are 2 lane and consequently, do not have separators; but have potholes; patches; and speed-breakers
PS: My thoughts on Intervention Management - some other time